Schneider Electric’s Smart Factory Program
A lighthouse for digital transformation in manufacturing
- Transform global footprint of 100 discrete manufacturing sites to improve product quality, operational efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Apply Industry 4.0 technologies to connect shop floor to top floor for oversight of operational performance and asset performance.
- Develop “lighthouse” sites to scale best practices, expertise, and knowledge sharing.
- Enable sustainability through energy efficiency and a connected workforce.
- Identifying a software solution to handle the company’s broad and diverse network of manufacturing sites and product lines.
- Lack of visibility on shop floor activity due to lack of data, resulting in delayed response to issues on the line.
- Use of legacy systems, bespoke software implementations, and manual, paper-based processes.
- Recognition of Batam, Indonesia site as a Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) Lighthouse by the World Economic Forum.
- Improved operational efficiency through real-time performance tracking and digital escalation for faster decision making.
- 44% less downtime.
- 40% increase in on-time delivery for customers.
- 21% energy savings achieved.